Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recipe Thursday

Hello everyone. I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to log in last week, and just about forgot about this week, except for one friend that reminded me. This snow is killing moral and business. I will be glad when its gone! With that being said, its been a rather harsh winter I hope Spring will be kind and not decide to flood us, because of all the complaining we have done with winter. I welcome it all, maybe not with open arms, but never the less welcome it! Lets face it, in the words of a very wise 5 year old, its going to do's what it do's, and there is nothing we can do about it!
Now I hope that you tried at least one recipe from the previous week. Remember you have to post at least one comment about your experience and the recipe.


Last weeks recipe plan was this:


Sweet Chili


1lb. Hamburger
1 can of White Northern Beans
1 can of Ranch beans
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 can of rotel
1 can of diced tomatoes
Worcestershire sauce to taste about 1/4 of a tsp.
1/2 cup of original BBQ sauce
2 tbsp of brown sugar


Cook hamburger with 1/2 of onions, drain, set aside. Put beans, tomatoes, rotel, and onion into a stock pot, let simmer. Then add hamburger, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, and brown sugar. Mix everything together and let cook for 30 min.


Easy Mexican Cornbread


1 pkg of Jiffy Cornbread mix, follow directions.
1 can of drained rotel.


Mix all together follow baking instructions on box.


This weeks recipes:


Chicken Alfredo Sandwiches


8 slices of sourdough bread
4 thin chicken breasts seasoned with Lawry's or Cavendar's
4 slices of provolone cheese
1 jar of pre-made Alfredo sauce
1 can of mushrooms
1 can of olives
1/2 onion sliced
butter


Saute onions, and mushrooms in butter. Add the Alfredo sauce to the onions and mushrooms, let simmer for a about 10 minutes. While the sauce is simmering cook the thin chicken breasts 4 mins on each side. Butter your bread and toast on a griddle or Foreman grill, sandwich your chicken breast, sauce, provolone cheese, and other piece of bread. Toast until gold brown. Serve with olives.


Since there is so much snow, I want to add the coveted Snow Ice Cream Recipe, by Annette Crow.

Snow Ice Cream

1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. of vanilla along with a little bit of milk.
Snow

Add snow until you get the consistency you want. If it gets it too thick, add a little more milk. IF it is too thin, add more snow.

Variations:
Use other flavorings as well.  You can use coconut flavoring. Another is coconut and add a little chocolate syrup and it tasted like a mounds bar. Use your imagination.


I hope you enjoy these recipes, they are hearty and comforting in this strange weather. Until next week!


Happy cooking.

2 comments:

  1. The kids loved you Snow I cream, It was a hit. Thank you for sharring with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the Easy Mexican Cornbread last night, for our company, and everyone loved it. It was very moist. I made it in muffin form, and it turned my 6 muffin recipe into 12 muffins. :) I think next time I will probably chop up the rotel though, I wasn't fond of the big chunks of tomato in mine. Other than that it was really good!
    The Snow Ice Cream recipe is the best I've ever eaten! And Way easier than trying to figure out milk and sugar to the right taste.
    I want to try the Sweet Chili, it looks really good!
    Thanks for the Recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete